[SciPy-Dev] [Numpy-discussion] last call for numpy 1.8.2 bugfixes

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Mon Aug 4 18:25:04 EDT 2014

On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 11:12 PM, Julian Taylor
<jtaylor.debian at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 05.08.2014 00:09, Matthew Brett wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 3:05 PM, Julian Taylor
>> <jtaylor.debian at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> hi,
>>> as numpy 1.9 is going to be a relative hard upgrade as indexing changes
>>> expose a couple bugs in third party packages and the large amount of
>>> small little incompatibilities I will create a numpy 1.8.2 release
>>> tomorrow with a couple of important or hard to work around bugfixes.
>>
>> Any chance of a RC to give us some time to test?
>>

> I hope I have only selected fixes that are safe and do not require a RC.
> sure we could do one, but if there are issues we can also just make a
> quick 1.8.3 release follow up.
>
> the main backport PR is: https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/4949

It's probably better to just make an RC if it's not too much
trouble... it's always possible to misjudge what issues arise, if
there's a real-but-non-catastrophic issue then people 1.8.2 will
remain in use even if 1.8.3 is released afterwards and force
downstream libraries to work around the issues, and just in general
it's good to have and follow standard processes because special cases
lead to errors.

-n

--
Nathaniel J. Smith