[SciPy-Dev] Using sphinx :func: markup in docstring

Warren Weckesser warren.weckesser at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 23:26:07 EDT 2013

Is there a policy on using Sphinx hyperlinking references in
docstrings?  There are a couple references in scipy.stats that look
like they are intended to use Sphinx markup, but they don't actually
create links in the HTML output.  Specifically, the ranksums docstring
refers to `stats.mannwhitneyu`_, and f_oneway refers to
`stats.kruskal`_.  These do not create links in the HTML output.  The
only way I've been able to get a link generated is to use, e.g.,
:func:`scipy.stats.kruskal`.

Do we have a policy on using such markup?

Warren