[SciPy-Dev] Splines

denis denis-bz-py at t-online.de
Tue Mar 12 14:59:44 EDT 2013

Folks,
  some late comments, stop me if you've heard these ...

- a collection of test functions would I think help focus
the *huge* range of spline that people want.
It must be easy to run codes A B ... on testfunctions T*
with (not so easy) uniform printout of smoothness, runtime ...

- splines above 3d:
I agree with Pauli that map_coordinates has a clunky calling sequence,
but it's fast, clean, any-d, works with most numpy scalar types.

Is it clear how to handle any-d indices in numpy - cython - C ?
Seems to me fundamental
(https://github.com/ContinuumIO/dynd-python is active).

- Catmull-Rom splines are common in image processing / 3d tweening
and are easy, just switch base matrices.

cheers
  -- denis