[SciPy-Dev] labeling issues as easy-fix

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 05:36:05 EDT 2013

On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 1:55 AM, Blake Griffith
<blake.a.griffith at gmail.com>wrote:

> On a related note, do you need to have commit rights to label issues? Is
> there a way to allow the person who created the issue to label it?

There isn't, and I think that's a feature not a limitation. It makes the
labels more accurate and consistent. On Trac it was possible for users to
set labels, and there it was common that issue submitters would set
priorities and milestones (usually prio high and next release of course)
which was unhelpful and had to be undone most of the time. On Github this
would be worse, since it's not possible to see who labeled an issue.

Ralf