[SciPy-Dev] labeling issues as easy-fix

Juan Luis Cano juanlu001 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 08:38:33 EDT 2013

On 07/29/2013 09:13 PM, Ralf Gommers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At https://github.com/scipy/scipy/issues I've just added an easy-fix
> label, to guide newcomers to issues that don't require too much scipy
> background or hard debugging. I had planned to do that for a while,
> and the upcoming EuroSciPy sprint is a good motivation to get it done.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated. Maybe module maintainers could go
> through their module? Adding labels requires commit rights, but anyone
> without those who wants to help out can either just leave a comment on
> the ticket or send me the issue ID.
>
> Ralf

As a newcomer myself, I think this is indeed highly valuable. First
thing I did when wondering how could I contribute to SciPy was looking
for some sort of easy-fix label - probably because I had already seen it
in Astropy.

Talking about maintainers, I just saw that each module's issues are
linked in Trac. Is it desirable to replace the links with the new GitHub
ones?

Juan Luis