[SciPy-Dev] Contributing to the Documentation

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 13:56:21 EDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 1:42 PM, Clemens Novak <clemens at familie-novak.net>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i've been working with scipy for some time and am a great fan of the
> tutorial pages. I've found some spots where some additional information
> / an example would be nice (at least in my opinion); e.g. the
> scipy.signal part explains a lot of concepts, but some examples would be
> helpful; scipy.fftpack would require some attention...

Hi Clemens, contributions to these tutorials would be very welcome!

On the contribution page you encourage enhancements to scipy's
> documentation - is still so, and - if yes - do you prefer pull requests
> (via Github) or is it better to use the documentation wiki?

We indeed prefer pull requests, those are quite a bit easier to review and
merge. We keep the documentation wiki for people who just want to make a
quick edit or are uncomfortable working with git.

Cheers,
Ralf