[SciPy-Dev] GSOC - sparse improvements, dtypes introduction

Blake Griffith blake.a.griffith at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 16:36:26 EDT 2013

Thanks Ralf,
I've started preparing a proposal relating to sparse matricies, however
this is subject to change.

To get aquainted with the code I've been exploring a few bugs related to
the sparse module. I'm trying to figure out how to add support to the
toarray() method for bool matricies (see #1153
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/1533 ) and written up what I've
found on my blog. However I ran into a bit of a wall at the SWIG wrapper.
Which I have not had time to explore today. In particular, where is the
class T is coming from in
https://github.com/scipy/scipy/blob/master/scipy/sparse/sparsetools/coo.h#L105

My blog is here: http://cwl.cx

Thanks,