[SciPy-Dev] Migrating Issues to Git

Skipper Seabold jsseabold at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 13:58:07 EDT 2013

Started looking into this using the code from the numpy move and other
tools.

https://github.com/thouis/numpy-trac-migration
https://github.com/roskakori/tratihubis

The first "problem" is that it looks like it's possible github has changed
some privacy settings since the numpy migration, or I'm missing something
from how the old migration was done.

For numpy we went trac name -> email -> github user. But now if we try to
use the github API for an e-mail -> github name search, I'm only able to
recover 27 user names out of 1002 trac users. Some of these are available
from the numpy migration, but still <= 10%.

Any ideas what to do? Ping these users by email asking to reply with github
username? Update trac tickets with link to new github issue?

Skipper