[SciPy-Dev] ANN: SciPy 0.12.0 release

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Sat Apr 13 09:03:34 EDT 2013

13.04.2013 01:59, Orion Poplawski kirjoitti:
[clip]
> runTest (test_interpolate_wrapper.Test) ... ok
> vtest_ticket_1645 (test_lapack.TestRegression) ... Segmentation fault
>
> The segfault may be a python3 bug (http://bugs.python.org/issue17706) trying
> to handle a lapack error message.

Thanks, I think there are two issues here:

(i) Something is wrong with the LAPACK installation. What is the version
of LAPACK that you have?

(ii) The *QR routines are marked as `threadsafe` in flapack.pyf.src,
which implies releasing the GIL. However, the XERBLA error handling code
in python_xerbla.c inside Numpy assumes it has the GIL.

(scipy.linalg doesn't have it's own python_xerbla.c, so it ends up
looking for the symbol in numpy.linalg.lapack_lite --- rather unexpected!)

> "On entry to SGERQF parameter number 7 had an illegal value"

Parameter number 7 is LWORK. What is interesting here is that the
wrapper to this routine ensures that LWORK >= M, as required by LAPACK
documentation. Stepping through the execution of SGERQF in a debugger
would reveal what is going wrong.

[clip]

13.04.2013 11:30, Ralf Gommers kirjoitti:
> No, the page indeed doesn't exist anymore. Maybe it fell victim to a
> recent spam cleanup.

Oops, that *is* true. Sorry for my tone in the previous mail...

--
Pauli Virtanen