[SciPy-Dev] relative imports

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Wed May 16 10:12:45 EDT 2012

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 2:47 PM, Denis Laxalde <denis at laxalde.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What do people think about using relative imports [1] within scipy
> modules? One advantage I can see is to allow packages to be built and
> tested independently. Any drawbacks?

Relative imports won't allow subpackages to be built or tested
independently. The only thing preventing that right now is building a
subpackage by itself. If you solve that problem, then you just need to
do an in-place build of the whole scipy package once, and then
in-place builds of the subpackages that you modify. You can already
test subpackages independently.

--
Robert Kern