[SciPy-Dev] Question about stats.mstats.kendalltau_seasonal

Pierre GM pgmdevlist at gmail.com
Tue May 15 06:31:50 EDT 2012

Andreas,

IIRC, that's indeed the reference I used. The meaning of the different
outputs can be inferred from the paper and from the code:  the seasonal tau
and its corresponding p-value are the main results, but I also added the
corresponding (global) tau and p-value when seasonality isn't taken into
account, for comparison purposes. The corresponding unit-test should use
some data presented in (Hirsch and Slack, 1984).

Once again, reading the paper should clarify everything (alas, my copy is
in a box in an attic an ocean away).

Sorry for not being more helpful

P.

--