[SciPy-Dev] [Probe] How amongst you are pro devs working for scipy ?

David Kremer david.kremer.dk at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 10:05:41 EDT 2012

On 09/06/2012 14:56, Jason Grout wrote:
> Does it?   For example, a college professor might work on scipy as part
> of his job in order to add needed functionality.  Do they count as a
> professional developer, even if they don't code for a living?
>
> A person that writes code for a living might work on scipy in his spare
> time.  Does that make them not a professional developer of scipy?
>
> A person might be unemployed, and so work a lot on scipy, as much as a
> regular job.  Does that make them a "professional" or a "hobbyist"?

I don't mean to oppose professional developer and hobbyist, actually my
question would rather related to a curiosity about where come from the
scipy base code ? I know that scientists are working on it, but
honestly, it seems to me such a great piece of work that I would be
astonished if absolutely no company was involved directly in the scipy code.