[SciPy-Dev] mwavepy scikit

alex arsenovic aia8v at virginia.edu
Sun Jan 22 12:16:24 EST 2012

all,
     thanks for the feedback. i have begun the move of mwavepy into a
scikit called `scikit-rf`, with an import path of `skrf`, and short-hand
import convention of `rf`. this seems to roughly follow the conventions
of scikit-learn and scikit-image, and i think the names work well.
i am  learning git it the process, and am starting to see why everyone
enjoys it so much.

  here are the relevant links

git page
     https://github.com/scikit-rf/scikit-rf
home page
     https://github.com/scikit-rf/scikit-rf/wiki
docs
     http://packages.python.org/scikit-rf/#

@Ralf,
     i am unsure which program you are referring to (hard to tell from
that page), but i think i understand generally what you want, perhaps a
look at this page may be helpful.
http://packages.python.org/scikit-rf/examples/matching_single_stub.html
if you want a graphical-aided solution this can probably be done with
skrf as well, if you are still interested, you can send me an email with
more details and ill take hack at it.
     to respond to your request within a larger perspective, i have been
thinking about making some specific application programs out of skrf,
such as automated matching functions and the like. although skrf itself
is meant to provide simple building blocks,  adding usable application
examples may be useful.

thanks

alex