[SciPy-Dev] Trac performance?

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 22:36:23 EST 2012

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 7:09 PM, Travis Oliphant <travis at continuum.io> wrote:
> I met Tom Preston-Warner (founder of GitHub) last fall and had breakfast
> with him.   He is aware of the SciPy community, and I mentioned the issue
> tracking problems when we talked.   Perhaps a few of us could contact him,
> thank him for the great progress made so far on the issue tracking, and
> continue to gently encourage him in the direction of better Issue Tracking.

Already done :)

Ariel Rokem met some githubbers recently, and he gave a great talk at
github a few weeks ago, mostly focusing on neuroscience but where the
discussion tailed off into issues that include the growing role of
github in open source scientific computing and python.  We now plan to
continue that discussion with a talk I'm set to deliver there in a few
weeks, focusing entirely on the scipy ecosystem and github's role in
it.

We haven't set a date yet b/c right now I'm traveling abroad and
pydata/pycon are right after I get back, so we're looking for the
right slot calendar-wise.  It will most likely be in early April.

Obviously, I'd love to have specific points anyone else may have in
mind (I have my own list), so by all means post them here, and in a
few weeks when I go over there I'll bring them up.  I will then report
back on-list.

Cheers,