[SciPy-Dev] Suggested Change to io.wavfile

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 13:06:16 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 5:25 AM, Brian Hone <brianhone at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm in the process of spinning up a technical team that is using scipy
> for audio signal processing, so I expect that we'll be finding lots of
> issues with wavfile.  I'll take a look at the bug list and see if we
> knock off a few of them as we go.

That would be very good indeed.  Please do ask here if you have any
questions, we're very happy to help (and grateful for your
contribution).

> Happy to do the test and pull request.  Stupid question though - I
> haven't yet made the jump from good old svn to git.  Can anyone give me
> the right sequence of commands so I don't mess it up?

Aha - you have a little journey ahead of you :)

There's a step-by-step guide here:

http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/dev/gitwash/index.html

In essence, what you'll be doing is:

Making a github account
Forking the numpy repository to your own account
Cloning your copy of numpy to your own computer with git
Making a feature branch like 'wavfile-length-fix'
Making the fix (with a test that tests the effect of the fix)
Committing the fix
Pushing your new branch back to your copy of numpy on github
Making a pull request.

These steps should be covered in the document(s) above, but please let
us know if anything is not clear.

Cheers,

Matthew