[SciPy-Dev] Scipy.org is down + question about "topical software"

Andreas Hilboll lists at hilboll.de
Wed Aug 8 05:09:14 EDT 2012

Am 08.08.2012 08:55, schrieb Scott Sinclair:
> On 7 August 2012 15:49, Michael Clerx <cell at michaelclerx.com> wrote:
>> First of all, scipy.org appears to be down and has been for some time today.
>>
>> Yesterday, when it was still up, I registered an account and tried
>> adding a link to the topical software section but got the error "too
>> many links". Does anybody know how/if I can fix this?
>
> One fix might be to kill all the dead links (there are plenty, see
> http://validator.w3.org/checklink?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fscipy.org%2FTopical_Software&hide_type=all&depth=&check=Check).

I also get the "too many links" error. However, I doubt it's related to
the page's contents, and therefore I don't think reducing the number of
hyperlinks on the page will make the error go away.

The stack trace my browser shows me says that the "too many links" is
raised by a call to os.mkdir, so it must be a problem of the webserver's
filesystem.

Can the admins check how many files are in the directory
/home/scipy/wiki/data/pages/? I suspect it's more than the file systems
limitation (2^15 in case of ext2/3, IIRC).

Maybe Moinmoin doesn't clean orphaned Backups from that directory
automatically, and a cronjob could help?

Cheers, A.