[SciPy-Dev] ANN: SciPy 0.10 beta 1

Christoph Gohlke cgohlke at uci.edu
Mon Sep 12 18:21:35 EDT 2011

On 9/12/2011 2:36 PM, Ralf Gommers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am pleased to announce the availability of the first beta release of
> SciPy 0.10.0. For this release over a 100 tickets and pull requests have
> been closed, and many new features have been added. Some of the
> highlights are:
>
>    - support for Bento as a build system for scipy
>    - generalized and shift-invert eigenvalue problems in sparse.linalg
>    - addition of discrete-time linear systems in the signal module
>
> Sources and binaries can be found at
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/scipy/files/scipy/0.10.0b1/, release
> notes are copied below.
> Binaries for Python 2.x are available, on Python 3 there are a few known
> problems that should be solved first. When they are, a second beta will
> follow.
>
> Please try this release and report problems on the mailing list.
>
> Cheers,
> Ralf

Hi Ralf,

regarding Python 3:

1) The patch from numpy ticket #1919 might be necessary on some
platforms <http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/1919>.

2) On my system, 2to3 did not correctly convert all imports in
special.__init__.py, special.add_newdocs.py, and linalg.misc.py. I
needed to manually change

-from _logit import logit, expit
+from ._logit import logit, expit

-import fblas
+from . import fblas

3) The attached patch fixes some test errors and failures.

Christoph