[SciPy-Dev] import scipy.stats hangs in mod_python application

fork forkandwait at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 18:52:12 EDT 2011

 <josef.pktd <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I have no idea about the actual problem, but scipy.stats requires or
> loads many of the other scipy subpackages. Since stats is relatively
> light in compiled extension modules, maybe trying to load first the
> other subpackages might help to narrow it down.
> import scipy
> import scipy.special
> sparse, optimize, ...

import scipy works ok, but hangs in import scipy.stats.distributions.

I have not started putting in "raise" statements to see where the problem might
be.  It only happens in my web-application, so it probably isn't a problem in
scipy, unless there is something in the handling of imports that cycles forever
which stops when called at command line...