[SciPy-Dev] tplquad alternative

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Mon Oct 31 06:05:50 EDT 2011

29.10.2011 18:27, Pauli Virtanen kirjoitti:
> 29.10.2011 15:14, Vladímir Rodríguez kirjoitti:
>> I have a working alternative to tplquad which I builded from
>> http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=155785&dl=ACM&coll=DL&CFID=66021551&CFTOKEN=74592904
>> via F2PY. For testing aim you can use Scilab's int3d function (also
>> from this code), I found it faster and smarter.
>> How can we include it in standart Scipy library?
>
> Not possible. ACM owns the copyright of software published in its TOMS
> magazine, and the ACM software license allows use "solely for academic,
> research and other similar noncommercial uses".
[clip]

Or, at least, this is how it currently apparently works. Whether such
restrictions apply to code published tens of years ago (when such
license probably didn't exist), I'm not sure.

However, some clarification on the license status of the code is needed
before including it. One way to obtain this would be to ask the ACM
directly about their stance on this.

--
Pauli Virtanen