[SciPy-Dev] RSS feeds for pull requests

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Mon Oct 3 19:50:09 EDT 2011

04.10.2011 01:22, Warren Weckesser kirjoitti:
[clip]
> I'm not sure this is relevant, but it sounds like it:
>
> At the bottom of a pull request there is  this:
>
> """
> Notifications for new comments on this Pull Request are *off*. Enable
> notifications for this Pull Request
> <https://github.com/scipy/scipy/issues/87/subscribe>
> """
>
> Does anyone know what that link does?

That sounds relevant -- I guess it makes Github send you mail for each
new comment. At least it seems to be turned on for the PRs for which I
get mail. But this requires you to go and click through every new PR...

In principle I can also 'watch' the projects I want to follow, and then
grab the RSS feed of my Dashboard. However, since everything is pretty
much jumbled together there, it's not so easy to follow.

     ***

Another thing that was on the table at some point were automatic mails
to the ML for new pull requests. I think GH doesn't offer support for
this, but it could still be doable thanks to their API.

--
Pauli Virtanen