[SciPy-Dev] parameters of fitting data

Krzysztof Berniak krzysztof.berniak at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 15:56:05 EST 2011

Hello,
  I'm writing script in python, which fitting exponencial curve to data (
f(x) = a*exp(x*b).
 To resolve this problem I use scipy.
 It works fine. I get in v1 new parameters, but where is calculation errors
of this parameters ?

When I use gnuplot my results look like this:
Final set of parameters            Asymptotic Standard Error
=======================            ==========================

a1              = 12.1566                                   +/- 0.2286
  (1.88%)
b1              = 0.000858396                           +/- 4.362e-006
(0.5082%)

  ^

                                                               where in
scipy i get this numbers

This is my code
def main():
    z,f = numbers_col()
    fitfunc = lambda v, z: v[0]*exp(z*v[1])
    errfunc = lambda v, z,f: fitfunc(v,z) - f
    v0 = [10., 0.005]
    v1,success = optimize.leastsq(errfunc, v0[:], args =
(z,f),full_output=True)

regards and please help,
Cristopher