[SciPy-Dev] [Numpy-discussion] Willing to contribute to SciPy & NumPy ...

Anthony Scopatz scopatz at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 15:04:47 EDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 3:04 AM, Scott Sinclair <scott.sinclair.za at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On 31 March 2011 07:27, Sylvain Bellemare <sbellem at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  I would like to seriously start contributing to NumPy and/or SciPy, as
> much as I possibly can.
>
> I'm sure that your help will be welcomed!
>
> A good place to get started is helping out with documentation (see
> http://docs.scipy.org/numpy/Front%20Page/).

Actually, according to the Jacob Kaplan-Moss's talk at PyCon this year (
http://pycon.blip.tv/file/4881071/)
(with which I am inclined to agree), documentation is probably not the best
way to get started.

Do check out the developer zone, maybe search the the open tickets and see
if there are any bugs you want to tackle.
Maybe write some tests for untested code you find.  If you have questions,
don't hesitate to ask.  And don't forget
to test and document your own code!

Be Well
Anthony