[SciPy-Dev] Van der Waerden test in Scipy?

Annalisa Minelli annalisa.py at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 03:56:56 EDT 2011

Dear Scipy developers,
I'm Annalisa Minelli, a PhD student from Perugia (Italy), and I'm using
Scipy library because I'm writing some code for my PhD thesis.
Since I needed van der waerden chisquare pvalue[0], which is implemented in
R but not in Scipy (if I'm not wrong)[1], I implemented the test in python
language [3] to break any R dependency for my module.

So if you think it can be useful, maybe it could be integrated into the
Scipy library?
Could you give me any advice on how to proceed?

Best Regards,
Annalisa Minelli

[0]: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_der_Waerden_test
[1]: http://rss.acs.unt.edu/Rdoc/library/agricolae/html/VanderWarden.html