[SciPy-Dev] optimize.fsolve too accurate

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 24 09:01:00 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 2:38 PM, Joris Vankerschaver
<joris.vankerschaver at gmail.com> wrote:

> Secondly, is there a quick and easy way to build parts of the scipy
> library in place for testing?  I looked at the implementation and there
> are a few things I would like to experiment with, but I don't know how
> to go about this other than by rebuilding scipy in its entirety.

If you want to only experiment with Python code, you can build in-place with
  $ python setup.py build_ext -i

For compiled code, you're much better off with numscons:
  $ # in-place build
  $ python setupscons.py scons -i
  $  # partial rebuild of optimize module
  $ python setupscons.py scons -i  --package-list=scipy.optimize
You'll need to install numscons, see
http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/wiki/NumScons.

Ralf