[SciPy-Dev] deprecations - things to remove before 0.8.0

Warren Weckesser warren.weckesser at enthought.com
Thu May 27 18:14:11 EDT 2010

Stéfan van der Walt wrote:
> On 27 May 2010 07:18, Warren Weckesser <warren.weckesser at enthought.com> wrote:
>
>> OK. In r6416, the limits module is removed, and the modules helpmod,
>> ppimport and pexec have deprecation warnings.
>>

> Any comment on ppimport, which is currently non-functional?

I guess there are three options:

1. Fix it and deprecate it.
2. Deprecate it, but don't bother fixing it.
3. Remove it without bothering with a cycle of deprecation.

I'm not planning on fixing it, and I don't think anyone else should,
either--there are too many other more important things to do than fix a
module that hasn't worked in who-knows-how-long and is going to be
removed anyway.  So #1 is out.

My initial preference was for #3, but David C. suggested sticking with
the deprecation policy, which is fine with me.  I'll just remove it next
week, after 0.8 is branched, so it will be gone in 0.9.  So, revision
r6416 assumes #2.

Warren