[SciPy-Dev] scipy 0.8 stats

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Thu May 27 14:03:50 EDT 2010

1)
How can we depreciate a class and a class instance?

for renaming of a distribution invnorm to invgauss
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/1172

2)
two functions clearly return wrong values
pdfapprox returns "strange" (wrong) values, pdf_moments doesn't do any expansion
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/173

I would like to remove these two functions until they can be replaced
Is it better to rename them to _pdfapprox , _pdf_moments or comment them out?

I'd like to break the API in this case, because anyone who used them,
didn't get anything correct.
pdf_fromgamma might be ok.

3)
Assuming I have an updated, working scipy, I will change spearman
today or tomorrow
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/1100
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/822

4)
a faster kendall tau would be nice, if somone or I manages to include this
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/999

Josef