[SciPy-Dev] [SciPy-dev] namespace recommendation in scipy tutorial and docs for np.emath

David Goldsmith d.l.goldsmith at gmail.com
Sat May 15 02:09:35 EDT 2010

On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 8:40 AM, <josef.pktd at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm going through some scipy tickets and I found
> http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/882
>
> I don't know much about the old usage of mixing (mixed up) namespaces.
> But I think it would be good if someone could check the namespace
> convention/recommendation in the basic scipy tutorial
>
> http://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/tutorial/basic.html
>
> When I tried to figure out the difference between scipy.* and numpy.*,
> I also found that the functions in numpy.emath (numpy.scipy) have good
> docstrings, but they are not included in the docs (at least I don't
> find them), because
>
> http://docs.scipy.org/numpy/docs/numpy-docs/reference/routines.emath.rst/#numpy-docs-reference-routines-emath-rst
> is still a stub page without function links.
> http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/reference/routines.emath.html
>
> Josef

Hi, Josef; I found this going through all my old unread emails.  I don't
understand how/why
http://docs.scipy.org/numpy/docs/numpy-docs/reference/routines.emath.rst/#numpy-docs-reference-routines-emath-rstbeing
"still as stub w/out function links" is the cause of the good
docstrings in numpy.emath (numpy.scipy) not being included in "the docs"
(and to which "docs" are you referring exactly).  Please elaborate.  Thanks!

DG