[SciPy-Dev] Seeking help/ advice for applying functions

Benny Malengier benny.malengier at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 03:35:28 EST 2010

2010/3/8 Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 17:56, eat <e.antero.tammi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> """
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to ask some advice for a (pretty generic kind of) problem as:
>>
>> I do have some data which I'll like to put trough several (thousands of)
>> functions.
>>
>> I have cooked up a simple demonstration of the problem, and two plausible
>> solutions for it. However I'm not happy with either 'gproc1' or 'gproc2'.
>>
>> So, does someone have a more suitable scipy/ numpy solution for this
>> kind of problem?
>
> Your example is not very clear. Can you write a less cryptic one with
> informative variable names and perhaps some comments about what each
> part is doing?

Yes. I would change that at least. If I'd change something else, it
would be that you still use python arrays for some in between
variables. I'd preassign arrays with empty instead, and then work on
those, to avoid the big list to big array conversions. Also, the use
of mid function is not needed for asking the question, it makes it
just harder to read your code.

Benny