[SciPy-Dev] import error in scipy.stats on RH3 32-bit

Ilan Schnell ilanschnell at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 18:17:11 EDT 2010

Hello group,

I'm not exactly sure what has changed in scipy.stats, but
building and importing all extensions with the first 0.8.x brach
(revision 6446) worked fine on CentOS release 3.9 (32-bit).

Now (revision 6476), I can still build everything, but when
I try to import scipy.stats.vonmises_cython, I get the following
unresolved symbol:
ImportError: /home/tester/master/lib/python2.6/site-packages/scipy/linalg/clapack.so:
undefined symbol: clapack_sgesv

Strangely, I don't get this import error on any platform (64-bit/32-bit,
Windows, MaxOSX, Redhat 5, Solaris).

Does anyone know what could be going on here?

- Ilan