[SciPy-Dev] git on windows (was: scipy.stats)

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 23:15:38 EDT 2010

Hi Josef,

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 8:07 PM,  <josef.pktd at gmail.com> wrote:

> thanks very useful information , git-new-workdir seems to be what I would like.
> Does it work on Windows?
>
> last year I didn't find any way to do this. I haven't updated git
> since then and I don't see any git-new-workdir in the git folders.
> (But maybe I deleted it when I switched from the full 1.x GB git
> install to the light version - without mingw and the kitchen sink)

Unfortunately I don't know if it works on Windows; on my linux box it
ships here:

/usr/share/doc/git-core/contrib/workdir/git-new-workdir

and I had to enable it by copying this script to somewhere in my PATH
and making it executable.  I have no idea if these contortions would
work on Windows as well, though.

Cheers,