[SciPy-dev] Reg: gsoc 2010

Pierre GM pgmdevlist at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 16:51:19 EST 2010

On Feb 17, 2010, at 4:14 PM, Mohit Goyal wrote:
> I am a masters student doing research in data engineering. I know python and have done projects on data mining and web mining.
> I want to contribute to scipy via gsoc 2010. I am  interested in working on data related projects in scipy like improving  data sources and integrate it into all the numpy/scipy , adding data sets and examples to scipy, data analysis etc.  Please guide me.
>
> Thank You.

In addition to the previous answers, I would strongly suggest you to lurk around the mailing list for a while, in order to get familiarized with the hot topics (stuff we need to get done but didn't have time to address yet). That way,  you can refine your proposal and not make it sound too generic (spam-like).