[SciPy-dev] maxentropy docs / parent class methods

Skipper Seabold jsseabold at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 17:05:44 EST 2010

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 4:41 PM,  <josef.pktd at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 4:10 PM, Skipper Seabold <jsseabold at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The docs on the methods for the maxentropy model class that are
>> inherited from basemodel are not picked up by sphinx.  It seems that
>> most of the .rst files explicitly list the methods, but since
>> basemodel is not intended to be public (and some subclasses overwrite
>> the parent class methods), is there a better way than to start listing
>> the basemodel methods?
>>
>> I started to make the changes, but I don't think this is the right way
>> forward.  Other thoughts?
>>
>> http://docs.scipy.org/scipy/docs/scipy-docs/maxentropy.rst/
>
> Try to reference directly the basemodel.xxx method in the autoclass for model
>
> .. autoclass:: model
>
> .. autosummary::
>   :toctree: generated/

>   model.dual
>   basemodel.fit
>   model.grad
>   model.log
>
> Otherwise, it's better to have too much than too little information in the docs

That works, but it's still the basemodel namespace under model.  I was
looking to statsmodels to see how we autogenerate the inherited
methods.  I might play around with a local build so I don't clutter up
the logs on the wiki.  It's changed so that they show up for now while
I clean up a little more but is probably not a final solution.

Skipper