[SciPy-Dev] question to scikits.appspot.com editors

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Sat Aug 21 15:00:40 EDT 2010

Fri, 20 Aug 2010 21:52:09 +0300, Dmitrey wrote:
> who is responsible for scikits.appspot.com editing? I see some scikits
> (e.g. learn) has mentioned their personal website (
> http://scikit-learn.sourceforge.net), while openopt entry still points
> to deprecated location that is out of maintanance for several years;
> same for svn root mentioned there. Could you either fix it to modern
> locations (http://openopt.org, svn://openopt.org/PythonPackages/OpenOpt)
> or, at least, remove it at all to prevent misleading of users?

It's semi-automatic -- as far as I understands it looks what's in scikits
SVN and PyPi, and works from that.

Anyway, the people who know how it works are probably Stefan van der
Walt, and somebody else.

BTW, does the openopt stuff in scikits SVN still serve a purpose? I think
we should just remove it if it's not used -- it can be still recovered
from the history even after that, if there was something useful there.

--
Pauli Virtanen