[SciPy-dev] SciPy SVN compilation on SnowLeopard

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 01:35:43 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 1:38 AM, Pierre GM <pgmdevlist at gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
> I'm banging my head on some configuration issues for Scipy on Mac OS
> 10.6. I followed the recommendations from this site [http://blog.hyperjeff.net/?p=160
> ], but there's obviously something very wrong in my system: _csr,
> spline, numpyio cannot be loaded because of a wrong architecture.
> (for example, the SciPy test suite gives me ImportError: dlopen(/Users/
> pierregm/Computing/workspace/scipy-dev/scipy/io/numpyio.so, 2): no
> suitable image found.  Did find:  /Users/pierregm/Computing/workspace/
> scipy-dev/scipy/io/numpyio.so: mach-o, but wrong architecture)
>
> Any hint would be welcome.
>
> And as a side note, I have to confirm bug #1194 of numpy (I have to
> symlink libnpymath.a to somewhere it could be found).

Can you check whether r7387 fixes the problem ?

Concerning your first problem, I don't think the information given on
the link are really good. They are overly complicated, and using sudo
and modifying apple-installed numpy is a bad idea. Also, sudo does not
simply propagate environment variables.

If all you do is using the system python (the one from apple), then
you only need to set up FFLAGS because gfortran does not target x86_64
by default.

cheers,

David