[SciPy-dev] ndimage - docfiller and output_type

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 16 14:09:50 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 6:07 PM, <josef.pktd at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Also, I think it would be better making the framework changes separate
> >> from any changes to the content, e.g rv_continuous, rv_discrete.
> >
> > I'm not 100% sure what you mean here.
>
> I meant keep the old docstring content of rv_continuous, rv_discrete and
> edit the changes when I or someone has time to rewrite them.
>
> Well, I wrote it as far as I could. Still better than having an unused
template sticking around.

> In general it's better to have single purpose changesets, to keep track of
> changes more easily, than making only partially related changes at the
> same time.

I understand that, and in git I have about 10 more or less single-purpose
commits. But squashed into a single 1000-line diff it is a bit hard to keep
it single-purpose:)

> >> If everything works, we can edit and review changes to the content in
> the
> >> doc editor.
> >
> > Yes, that would be ideal. It won't work just yet, but the next step is
> > indeed to get the doc editor to handle this intelligently.
> >>
> >> Sorry for the delay in the review, I've been busy and I have problems
> >> keeping up with the C changes in numpy and scipy.
> >
> > No problem. I've had a few problems compiling things as well.
> >

> >> (I only commented on the parts I didn't like so much, because the rest
> >> is a good improvement.)
> >>

> > I updated both the patch in ticket 1055 and the code on github. If you're
> > happy with the changes, can you please commit them?
>
> I will try to do this tonight.
> Did you try to rebuild the sphinx html docs to see whether they are
> affected by the changes?
>
> I checked several docstrings with the preview function of the doc wiki,
looks good.

Can you build the scipy docs? The scipy/doc folder seems to be an incomplete
copy of numpy/doc, and the Makefile refers to non-existing files. I can
build the numpy docs so I do have all required tools for building.

Cheers,
Ralf