[SciPy-dev] Build failure on OS X 10.5.8, Python 2.5, gcc-4.0.1

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 03:52:57 EST 2009

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 4:16 PM, David Cournapeau
<david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:

> The work on long double has not touched build options. For all I can
> remember, the -wno-long-double flag was there for quite some time. Maybe
> a python distutils bug ? I have a ppc minimac at home, I may fire it up
> to check this, but I don't think it is a regression by numpy,

After checking the python sources, -Wno-long-double has been removed
starting python 2.6. The comment in configure.in for 2.6 is that only
apple-built gcc support -Wno-long-double. But since you use -arch, you
use Apple gcc, so I don't think the comment is entirely accurate.

This is a bit strange, you've never seen the problem before ?

David