[SciPy-dev] [SciPy-user] [ANN] SciPy 2009 conference opened up for registration

Ondrej Certik ondrej at certik.cz
Tue Jun 30 00:23:04 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 8:35 AM, Gael
Varoquaux<gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 08:56:18AM -0400, Darren Dale wrote:
>>    I logged in this morning to see about submitting an abstract, and I see
>>    the following:
>
>>    "Couldn't connect to registration server. We cannot display your
>>    registration information"
>
>>    Below that there are links for changing personal information, registering
>>    for the conference, and submitting an abstract, but it is not clear that I
>>    should proceed if the registration server is unreachable. Can anyone
>>    confirm?
>
> Thanks for reporting. It should be fixed: an http link had change to an
> https link.

I get an annoying warning in firefox that the security certificate for
paying is invalid (only valid for "www.enthought.com", notice the
"www"). Here is the address:

https://enthought.com/scipy09/?email=ondrej@certik.cz

however, if I change the address manually to:

https://www.enthought.com/scipy09/?email=ondrej@certik.cz

then it just works.

Ondrej