[SciPy-dev] Doc-ing classes and data attributes

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Tue Jun 23 15:18:46 EDT 2009

On 2009-06-23, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at googlemail.com> wrote:
[clip]
> It looks like these doctests have not worked in a long time. There is also
> a conceptual problem, do you really want everyone who signs up in the doc
> editor to be able to produce test failures because they wrote an example
> that doctest does not like?
[clip]

Yeah, it's quite likely that several of the doctests/examples
there currently fail. But I think that in many cases a failure to
doctest indicates also that the example is somehow wrong, and
someone trying to follow it would run into the same problem.

The doctests are not run by default, and are not included in the
test suite. The features that allow running them are mostly meant
to make it easier to ensure that all of the examples actually
work. (Though AFAIK nobody has vetted them through :)

--
Pauli Virtanen