[SciPy-dev] Improving the bug tracking workflow: starting document

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 16:39:00 EST 2009

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 5:44 AM,  <josef.pktd at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 12:01 PM, David Cournapeau <cournape at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 11:25 PM,  <josef.pktd at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> I connected my eclipse mylyn with the scipy trac tickets and have
>>> tickets that are assigned to me on my local computer where I can mark
>>> them as read or unread. But for now I like the web interface better.
>>
>> Different people, different workflows :) Web-UI is of course a must,
>> that's definitely easier for newcomers anyway (no need to install
>> anything). Some things could be improved in the WEB-UI as well: batch
>> editing, for example, is something I really like with redmine -
>> reassigning things in batch has to be done through SQL I believe.
>>
>>> Also, since David mentioned sql queries in another thread, I set up a
>>> report that sorts tickets by change time. It helps to see which
>>> tickets where recently commented on. But since this is the first time,
>>> I do this, and I'm not very familiar with sql, this still needs
>>> improvements.
>>
>> With trac 0.11, there will be no much need for SQL: there is finally a
>> user-friendly interface for advanced queries with trac macro systems.
>> This does not help much for batch editing, though. Maybe we will have
>> to implement our own plugin to trac if we stay with trac.
>>
>> David
>
> >From what I have seen from a quick look at the new trac 0.11.3, it still
> doesn't allow custom queries sorted by changedate. So it will still
> be useful to set up a set of reports by changedate and milestone or
> version or component as in http://trac.edgewall.org/report

It looks like I read a bit too quickly, and it will be for 0.12:

http://trac.edgewall.org/milestone/0.12

> Do you mean the ticket query macro for the wiki or is there some other
> way for doing advanced queries? I didn't find the ticket query macro
> very useful for my own use since it doesn't provide the nice table.

I don't care too much about the presentation - this can be improved.
As you mentioned, the xml-rpc might be very useful - I may be able to
program something for my own workflow. After all, that's what python
is for :)

cheers,

David