Travis E. Oliphant oliphant at enthought.com
Thu Feb 26 18:44:22 EST 2009

jason-sage at creativetrax.com wrote:
> Charles R Harris wrote:
>
>>> Because looking at a web page is easier, I've found. The communicating
>>> that happens afterwards is also easier.
>>>
>>> Please, *try* it for a month. I believe that you are speaking from
>>> ignorance.
>>>

>> I think a brief howto somewhere would help. It isn't easy to keep up with
>> new tools and learn new habits without some help.
>>

> +1 to some way of having the reviews easily accessible.  I just looked
> at a review that Charles did and already learned some things about
> conventions in scipy, just based on the line-by-line commenting he did
> on a review.

This is a valuable aspect of the review process that I had not considered...

I'm actually at the point where I'm willing to try it as an
experiment.   My biggest concern is having a bunch of code sitting in a
queue and not reviewed, nor committed --- or the review processes become
too onerous and code not making it through because of what I would
consider to be "ticky-tacky technicalities."     If the process brings
more people to the project, then it can ameliorate the first concern
entirely, but possibly escalate the second.

But, Robert's penchant for experimentation is charming me into doing
something different and actually trying it out.

So, whose going to show me what to actually do?  There's no rush,  I
won't get to being able to push the interpolate stuff out until next
week at the earliest.

-Travis