[SciPy-dev] Scikits portal suggestions (Was: The future of SciPy...)

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Thu Feb 26 14:45:42 EST 2009

Thu, 26 Feb 2009 14:17:07 +0200, Stéfan van der Walt wrote:
[clip]
> I don't know if you've visited the portal to SciKits:
> http://scikits.appspot.com.  If we can make any changes to facilitate
> packaging, let me know.

I think a couple of things should be done on the portal to make it feel
more finished:

1. Write a blurb for all of the scikits. (I can also do this, if you tell
   me how...) The portal page currently looks quite empty and somewhat
   discouraging:

   http://scikits.appspot.com/scikits

   Or should this happen automatically via PyPi?

2. A link to the portal should be added in a visible place @ scipy.org,
   when it's ready.

3. PyPi links & instructions for packages that are not in PyPi should
   be hidden.

4. openopt seems to live nowadays at openopt.org

--
Pauli Virtanen