David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 16:17:23 EST 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 6:11 AM, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 15:06, Charles R Harris
> <charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I think git-svn takes care of most of the branching problem on a local
>> basis. Where it fall down, IMHO, is in testing a branch on the builtbots and
>> sharing a branch among two or three people.
>
> Why is that? Push your git branch to github.

This can cause trouble when dcommitting back to svn. I don't remember
the exact scenario, but I managed to break some things (like
committing twice to svn) because I was not careful. It is easy to
forget getting svn references in addition to git ones, maybe this is
linked - I have not tried really hard to understand the problem to be
honest.

cheers,

David