Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Mon Feb 23 11:43:55 EST 2009

Hi Chuck

2009/2/23 Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris at gmail.com>:
>> 1) Distributed revision control system: David Cournapeau and myself have
>> been test driving Git [1] on SciPy and NumPy for a while.  It is fast, well
>> supported, has great branch support, and is simple to use for the average
>> contributor, while allowing powerful patch-carving for the more adventurous.
>
> I really like Git, but... the last time I looked windows support wasn't up
> to snuff. Does anyone have more recent feedback on the windows situation?

I've read that msysgit (http://code.google.com/p/msysgit/) works well.
 From http://garrys-brain.blogspot.com/2008/04/git-for-windows-msysgit.html
:

"""
I would say Git For Windows is very close to being "ready" and
providing you are not in need of the more difficult corner cases it is
ready for production use. The guys working on it have done a great
job.
"""

I can't vouch for this information, so it would be great to hear from
someone who tried it themselves.

Cheers
Stéfan