[SciPy-dev] Any particular IDE ?

Gökhan Sever gokhansever at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 01:52:37 EST 2009

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 2:47 PM, Arkapravo Bhaumik <
arkapravobhaumik at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Guys
>
> Just wanted to ask you, for python specific do you all recommend any
> particular IDE ?
>
> I have been using Dr.Python (which is WOW ! ) , Scite and recently trying
> out Komodo IDE. I have seen there is a great drive to use eclipse , in the
> industry. What IDE you guys use ?
>
> Regards
>
> Arkapravo

Although not a complete IDE, I suggest trying VIM/GVIM. With some
modifications it is possible to have IDE like features on it:
Python and vim: Make your own
IDE<http://dancingpenguinsoflight.com/2009/02/python-and-vim-make-your-own-ide/>

To me adding IPython on top of this, the fastest and most productive it gets
for my coding needs. However, once in a while I load Eclipse+PyDev for its
useful visual debugging features.

Gökhan