[SciPy-dev] Request of edit rights

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 18:08:17 EDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 17:01, AK <andrei.avk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Robert Kern wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 16:47, AK <andrei.avk at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, I'd like to request edit rights for wiki, my username is RainyDay.
>>>

>> What do you want to edit?
>>

> I was going to start with lib.scimath.logn() and then go down the list
> and see what else I could edit.. I saw post by Joseph Harrington on
> Python jobs page and I'm going to try to write a few docs and see how
> that goes. If you need to restrict editing rights to one package, let me
> know and I'll look around and see which package I could work on. -andrei

Ah, okay, you meant the docs wiki rather than the main wiki. Someone
else will have to take care of that.

I asked because one doesn't need any special rights to contribute to
the main wiki. Belonging to the EditorsGroup, i.e. having "edit
rights", allow one to do more destructive things like deleting pages.
You can understand why I would want to know something about you before
giving you those.  :-)

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."