[SciPy-dev] scipy.optimize.nonlin rewrite

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Sun Nov 30 17:10:53 EST 2008

2008/11/30 David Cournapeau <david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp>:
> Pauli Virtanen wrote:
>> * Getting this to 0.7.0; this is a complete rewrite, so is it too late,
>>   and is it better to wait for 0.8?
>>
> I would much prefer delaying this after 0.7 release. Unfortunately, I
> have nothing else to say, since I know nothing to optimization :)

Postponing a patch often leads to the author losing interest, and to
the patch never being applied.  I don't know if we can afford that.
I'd be quite happy to see this going into 0.7 rc2 and trying it out
for beta 1 (or whatever the naming scheme is), especially if we can
fine-tune the tests a bit.

Cheers
Stéfan