[SciPy-dev] friedmanchisquare fixed, test based on R help ?

Damian Eads eads at soe.ucsc.edu
Sat Nov 22 23:16:18 EST 2008

I don't believe there would be any copyright issues, just potential
license issues. The R help is distributed under the terms of the GNU
Free Documentation License, which is a copyleft license. If you derive
the test directly from the 1973 paper and not the R code, there
shouldn't be any issues.

Damian

On 11/22/08, josef.pktd at gmail.com <josef.pktd at gmail.com> wrote:
> I applied the patch from ticket:117 for stats.friedmanchisquare, after
> verifying with matlab and R, the solution is identical to both.
>
> I added tests based on examples in the patch.
>
> One copyright question:
> I also added an example from the R help file to the tests, which is
> based on a paper published in 1973.
> Are there any copyright problems for doing this?
>
> Josef

Sent from my mobile device