[SciPy-dev] help needed with 0.7.0 release notes

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Sun Nov 16 06:58:49 EST 2008

Sun, 16 Nov 2008 00:05:18 -0800, Jarrod Millman wrote:

> Hey,
>
> In preparation for the upcoming release, I have moved the release notes
> for SciPy into the code repository in the documentation directory:
> http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/browser/trunk/doc/release/0.7.0-
notes.rst

> You can see the rendered version here:
> http://scipy.org/scipy/scipy/milestone/0.7.0
>
> Please take a look at the release notes and let me know if you see
> anything missing or find any other problems.  Of course, it would be
> even better if you would just go ahead and make any changes yourself.

Also, I wonder if these should be mentioned in the release notes:

	http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/ticket/289
	http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/ticket/660

as they change the shape of interp1d return values for multidimensional
interpolants. It's an API break, but IMO unavoidable, as the old behavior
was clearly wrong, but I wonder if this will break someone's code.

--
Pauli Virtanen