[SciPy-dev] Technology Previews and Sphinx Docstring Annotations

Travis E. Oliphant oliphant at enthought.com
Tue Nov 4 16:01:12 EST 2008

Jarrod Millman wrote:
> I absolutely agree with the ideas presented about scikits and look
> forward to seeing the numerous scikits improvements.  I feel that I
> have gotten into a discussion where the counter argument to what I am
> proposing is something I strongly support.  I also feel that the
> counterargument doesn't directly address my concern; but it may be
> that I am simply perceiving a problem that no one else believes
> exists.

Let me make my point again.   I'm arguing that instead of scipy.preview,
let's just make a *single* scikit called scikit.preview or
scikit.forscipy or scikit.future_scipy or whatever.    This will create
some incentive to make scikits easier to install generally as we want to
get the future_scipy out there being used.

I'm very interested, though, to hear what developers of modules that
they would like to see in SciPy but have not made it there yet, think.

I'm very interested in the question of how do we make it easier to
contribute to SciPy.

-Travis