[SciPy-dev] docs.scipy.org -- new site for the documentation marathon

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Sat Nov 1 18:38:17 EDT 2008

Mon, 27 Oct 2008 15:16:14 -0400, jh wrote:
[clip]
> For the top page layout, I propose (rationale below):
>
> (No left sidebar)
> DOCUMENTATION EDITOR
> Write, review, or proof the docs!
>
> MATURE DOCUMENTS
>
> Guide to Numpy
> PDF book by Travis Oliphant
>
> DOCUMENT-IN-PROGRESS SNAPSHOTS
>
> Numpy Reference Guide (as of yyyy-mm-dd) PDF   zipped HTML
>   refguide glossary shortcut
>
> Numpy User Guide (as of yyyy-mm-dd)
> PDF   zipped HTML
>
> Scipy Reference Guide (as of yyyy-mm-dd) PDF   zipped HTML
>
> SEE ALSO
>
> SciPy.org
> all things NumPy/SciPy (bug reports, downloads, conferences, etc.)
>
> SciPy.org/Documentation
> more documentation not (yet) in the right format for this site
>
> SciPy.org/Cookbook
> live, user-contributed examples and recipes for common tasks

I adapted this suggestion a bit -- it's now live on docs.scipy.org. The
"See also" part lives in the side bar, but otherwise it's almost as
above. The download links look definitely better on the front page.

There's also an attempt to link the site visually to the parent scipy.org
site, but I'm no web designer, and it seems there are now too many snakes
on the page.

--
Pauli Virtanen